Monday, May 16, 2011

Pura Vida

A Journal Entry: Cahuita, Costa Rica March 19, 2011

It’s been 3 days since I wrote but I’ve been too tired at night to write so I’m sitting here at 6:45am at the Cahuita National Park sitting on a bench enjoying the beautiful view of the ocean while the jungle sits behind me with all the wildlife. The sound of the crashing waves is soothing to my ears. This week has been full of adventure, laughs, new relationships and excitement. What I bring back with me is not only the beauty of this country but the wonderful people who have been the best part of the experience. I just heard a howling monkey! This is amazing!!! The fun filled adventures challenged me to the fullest, waking up at 5am, bike riding through loose gravel in the mountains, feeling the strenuous pain in my hands over and over as I hold on to my life, braking down the hills was painful but yet unexpected. Meeting a woman, Eloisa from Chihuahua was unexpected. Every action, every tree, every animal, every insect, every bite of food, every single view was unexpected. This experience has taught me so much about life and about nature. There is a whole world out there filled with adventure but I must be willing to let go and be free. Free myself from a life full of materialism, selfishness, misery, complaining, bitterness, hate, racism. Its time to appreciate small things in life, smile more, live, laugh and love everything around me.

I thank God for this opportunity I have been blessed in so many ways. Just being able to see parts of the world has been the most amazing part of my life. I wish my family can be here. I wish they can experience this with me but they are, they are here in my heart. I carry them with me everywhere I go. They have shaped me. I need to be more graceful for these opportunities, be thankful for this beautiful life God has given me.

Whitewater rafting was fun, I was scared to fall out. I cannot explain what this means what it is I cannot compare it to anything else because I’ve never experienced it or seen it before. All I know is that this place, this trip, this adventure has brought so many warm thoughts and feelings it has brought fear, challenge, and excitement in my life. I want more. I want to feel more of this. It brings me alive it gives me meaning of what it feels like to be human. All the feeling rushing through my body reminds me how alive I am in the moment. I feel excitement, I feel adventurous, I feel ALIVE! Going back to my everyday life after this will be difficult but it will be a learning opportunity a way to understand my life and have time to plan my own. What do I want from life? I have no idea but God has a plan for me  I know he does and whatever that is I will be thankful for. Whatever my plan in life is whatever awaits for me ahead  I know that it was all meant to be. PURA VIDA!

No comments: